Grand Master Eddie Wu Kwong Yu -吳光宇 (1946 – )
Fifth Generation, Eldest Son of Master Wu Tai Kwei, Head of the Wu Family and Gate Keeper of the Wu Style since May 2005
In 1975, Grand Master Eddie Wu Kwong Yu started the first Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan Academy in Toronto, Canada with his uncle Master Wu Tai Chi.
Since that time, Grand Master Eddie Wu has fostered the development of Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan by appearing in newspapers, and television teaching Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan to young and old alike.
Grand Master Eddie Wu has introduced and promoted Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan throughout Asia, North America & Europe, with official Academies in Toronto, Fredericton, Detroit, Ann Harbor, New Jersey, Hawaii, London (England), Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. Grand Master Wu travels in many parts of the United States and Canada to conduct workshops and seminars.
He also collaborates with medical, business and sporting professionals to bring the benefits of Wu Style Tai Chi Chun to other fields.
Grand Master Eddie Wu currently fulfills the following roles within the martial arts community:
- Chairman and President of the International Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan Federation
- President of the Hong Kong Wu’s Tai Chi Chuan Academy Headquarters
- President of Wu’s Tai Chi Chuan Academy, Canada
- Chairman of the United Wushu Federation of Canada
- Director and vice-president of the Confederation of Canadian Wushu Organizations
- Chairman of the Traditional Wushu Committee:
- Member of the Canadian Olympic Committee